Sunday, February 25, 2007

Watching the Oscars

Jennifer Hudson quote from her acceptance speech:

"Oh my God, I have to just take this moment in. I cannot believe this. Look what God can do. I didn't think I was going to win," Hudson said through tears of joy. "If my grandmother was here to see me now. She was my biggest inspiration."

To hear Jennifer give her speech was a highlight for me. I pray that she continually holds onto God as she has so far... her roots in the church and her faith run deep.

She can give a testimony to young women that is powerful. She didn't win American Idol like she wanted... yet two years later she is an Oscar winner! Only God knew that was part of the plan for her life. She kept on working and doing what she felt called to do. And though she did not get the accolades she wanted from American Idol her Oscar win leaves no doubt about the gifts God has given to this incredible sister in the Lord.

Let Jennifer's win inspire you to keep on going after a defeat or disappointment... you never know where it might lead!

No comments:

Post a Comment