Monday, March 26, 2007

Celebrity sightings and an update

When Tom was in California last he saw the guy who plays Hurley on Lost... yesterday I was at church in LA and I saw Loretta Devine. I love her work and it was exciting to see her! Since it was church I didn't take my camera... and I don't think it would have been right to bother her when she is trying to connect with God!

I am visiting with Erin today and she let me get online... I am sure she could see that I was going through withdrawal! I don't know how often I will be able to check in since we don't always know whether the people we stay with will have internet access.

I talked with Nathan the other day and he has started his new job. We are so proud and excited for him.

Spencer is wishing that we would be in one spot long enough for him to learn how to drive. But, we have a lot of ground to cover before we go back to Russia.

Tom is going to see about getting our things out of storage and we need to get in to our family doctor for check ups while we are here in California.

The drive from New Mexico to Arizona was beautiful. Our next road trip will take us from California to Oregon. Hopefully, we will get a vacation in among all the work we are doing!

6 comments:

  1. I just posted on my blog a "You know your a missionary kid when . . ." that your son may relate to . .. Don't I know the feeling that vacation is anything but.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing to come back and see everyone. How's all the stuff going with becoming career missionaries??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're having a great time! Prayers for safe travels and productive works. Glad you got to blog a bit. Thanks for the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you missionaries here in the states? from Russia? How beautiful...my husband spent several months in Russia working with Mother Theresa and her Sisters, Missionaries of Charity. I think he was mostly in Moscow at an elderly/homeless shelter. God bless and protect you in your travels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dianna, We live and serve in Russia. We are here in the States for a short break. Thanks for the blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog and updates. Welcome home for a short time. Keep posting updates and pictures - other blog was awesome as well.

    Have a wonderful day, week, month!!

    Leigh Gray

    ReplyDelete