Thursday, March 15, 2007

pursuing happyness

Ok, so I remember when a friend posted to her blog back in January using the title "The Pursuit of Happiness" it made me want to go see the movie "The Pursuit of Happyness". At the time we were still in Russia so I thought I would have to wait for the DVD.

I even sat through the Oscars with our family after we got back to the states and had those thoughts again after seeing Will Smith and his son Jaden. On Wednesday Spencer, Hailey, Tyler, Kim, Paul and I went out to actually see it! Tom stayed home to watch the basketball game on TV.

I enjoyed the movie... I teared up several times. It was inspiring to me that Rich Gardner was able to make his dreams a reality. I am a sucker for a rags to riches story!

Tomorrow is the big reward day in Dallas for the boys... they are going to a mall and to the movies. I am proud of Spencer for working so hard even though he didn't have too. He's on vacation!

I had a short chat with our oldest son Nathan tonight via email, he has actually done some driving and it went well. I am sure he will be happy for us to return the car so he can get in more driving time. We are heading back on Saturday. And of course I am proud of him too!

3 comments:

  1. GOOD to meet you!! shalom! iwow, russia! i am from canada but my sister just returned from speding some time in russia with ywam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this movie and wrote a post for on my Sunflower blog too:-)

    Thanks for stopping by my Sunflower blog and supporting me! Welcome back anytime.

    Have a nice weekend!

    I will Exercise for Comments!
    Sunflower

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by!


    We spent time last year in Ukraine while my husband taught for YWAM!

    ReplyDelete