Thursday, March 08, 2007

International Women's Day





















I got an email from our friend Olya. It was great to hear from her and to feel connected to our Russian friends.

Today is International Women's Day and is a major holiday in Russia. It seems strange that people are not wishing me "Happy Women's Day". They don't celebrate Mother's Day there as we do in America. Women's Day celebrates all women... not just those who are mothers.
Flowers, candy and wishes of happiness, joy, peace and success are given to each female in your life!

9 comments:

  1. What a great holiday! Maybe the US will pick it up soon. Happy Woman's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for visiting my page!! Nice to "meet" you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Thank you for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Happy Partying!

    I'm half Russian. My mom is from there. I've always wanted to go visit. Maybe some day. How do you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Thank you for posting about International Women's Day. I saw it on my calendar but had no idea what it was! So, Happy Women's Day to you!
    Thanks for stopping by PB&J Boats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok so after I posted that no one had wished me Happy Women's Day I opened my email and found that my youngest son had sent me two e-cards. I did raise him right!

    utmommy- I love life in Russia. We love our friends, the food, the language... I consider it home!

    thanks so much to everyone who is stopping by from the party. this was such a great idea I am sure we will all get a chance to do it again next year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Belated Women's Day :) Here in Italy, btw, we celebrate *both* Mother's Day and Women's Day...not surprising in a land where La Mamma is so important ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of Women's Day until now. But Happy late holiday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry I didn't make it over here to wish you Happy Woman's Day until now. I just saw your comment on my blog. Thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete