Monday, August 29, 2011

1000 gifts...

I had started counting blessings on my other blog...but for one reason or another I keep forgetting to post over there.  As we get busier here it is becoming even more important to slow down now and then to count the gifts of life.  So I will take up the counting again.
238. quiet moments outdoors with a flower and a bee.

239. late night with the youth from church performing at Legacy...Fired Up!

240. all of our friends in Tropical Storm Irene's path are safe and well.


241. enjoying music from Belizean musicians


242. little ones trying to get a peek at the service

243. being allowed to give the message at church on Sunday morning.

244. watching the youth dance with joy.

245.  young tourists who choose Belizean hairstyles.


7 comments:

  1. Love that dancing with joy picture! That gives me joy :)

    Visiting from Ann's place today,
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always so interesting to get a glimpse of those who live and/or work in other parts of the world. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this concept! I think i will start doing this in my journal! thanks for the inspiration Alida!

    ReplyDelete
  4. visiting from ann's place.. loved the pictures.. thanks for sharing a snapshot of your blessings! Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful list Alida, and as always I love your photos as well! :-)

    Have a Blessed Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopped over from Ann's list because you are an expat. (My husband and I worked in SE Asia early in our marriage and lived there for a year or so.) I enjoyed sharing in your gratitude and seeing a glimpse of your life in Belize. Grace and peace to you in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS I didn't realize you also have chronic illness challenges. Thanks for sharing yourself with me in your comment at my place. My heart goes out to you, sister. May God bring you friends you can share your whole self with, and may He heal what He alone can. I will write your name on my prayer list. Grace and peace to you in Christ.

    ReplyDelete