Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sensitization weekend in Orange Walk

We are gearing up for another busy weekend.  On Friday we will be with CDF at a sensitization event for teens to educate them about Commercial Sexual Exploitation..  And on Saturday we will be doing the same thing for the community and local churches.

At the youth event I will be sharing my testimony about sexual abuse.  And on Saturday at the community event, Tom will speak on the psychological effects of exploitation and I will speak on the spiritual effects.  There is a large team going up together for these back to back presentations. Including the youth group from a local church here in Belmopan.  They will be performing several skits throughout the day on Friday.

Recently I was spoke with someone who used to live in area the presentations will be in and I heard about the number of young girls who take jobs in bars that often lead to prostitution.  Often, these young ladies see this 'job opportunity' as a way to help provide for their families.  We hope that the education we provide will dissuade at least one girl from falling prey to that type of lifestyle.

Keep us, CDF and all who will be attending these events in your thoughts and prayers!

10 comments:

  1. Praying for you, Alida, as you speak. Lord, use this talk to protect many girls.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing what you are doing. As a soon to be social work grad, I am happy to see others are making people aware of the exploration of women. I pray that I will a social worker that make know these issues that are affecting people lives.

    Pray for you!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God Bless you both for the valuable work you're doing Alida. I'll certainly pray that your words reach the hearts of those in attendance.

    Have a Blessed Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for your testimony and teachings to just sink into their minds and keep them from making bad decisions. You're going to do great!

    Lord, use Alida and bless all those who hear. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you all for your prayers!! We truly appreciate them and you<3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers going up for you, Alida. Continue to allow God to use you, you will reap what you sow ...and those around you are reaping what God is sowing in you...LOVE .....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...this sounds like an amazing outreach opportunity that you and your husband are involved in! how awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My thoughts are definitely with you and yours Alida! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alida,
    I found your website after checking where my "posts" were located on BlogHer. (I'm the Saving my Sanity one) ... but I am constantly amazed at how people are thrown together by GOD. I will pray for you this week. There are so many things I would like to say, but I will just let you know that I will pray for your journey and I am glad God put us together. Kristen @ www.alittlesomethingforme.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keeping you in prayer Alida and may the Lord open hearts and minds to the message He will give you both.

    Rosie
    leavesnbloom photography

    ReplyDelete