Thursday, August 11, 2011

Helloooo!!

When we were down in the village of Esperanza I went to this little store front just adjacent to the community center where the conference for girls was being held.  I wanted to get a couple of cold bottles of water because it was an incredibly hot day.
No one was manning the store when I walked over.  So I called out fairly loudly to see if I could get someone's attention.  No one came so I called out again.  I did this at least four times and was about to walk away when two of the neighborhood kids came running across the field.


They pushed the call button, smiled at me and then ran back to the house they had been playing at.
I was embarrassed by not even noticing the button but so grateful they came to my rescue.  The call button rang out like a doorbell and it was answered very quickly...next time I'll know better.  Or maybe I should hire a local kid to teach me the ropes!


11 comments:

  1. Hey I'm a new follower... My name is Eno and my blog addy is:

    Enybee
    www.enobongekpott.blogspot.com:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw,which country could this be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are in Belize!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these views of the culture you give us Alida... Such a Blessing to be able to see parts of the world I'll likely never experience.

    Thank you!

    Have a Blessed Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol! I love how you have pictures to illustrate your embarrassing moment! Such a true blogger:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I try to always have my camera with me when I go out...one never knows!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of a call button! Don't feel bad, I wouldn't have noticed it either.

    New follower here. Find me at
    http://messforless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha, awesome kids to stop playing and come to your rescue! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Faith, those kids were my heroes!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I'd still be standing there shouting "HELLOOOOO!" LOL

    ReplyDelete