Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Corn dogs, Cake Dogs or Cup Pups?

Have you ever had one of those days where you forgot to defrost the meat 
and needed to think of something quick and easy for dinner?

 Well, I have... and this was one of those days.

I call these Corn Dogs Without A Stick... but, Tom calls them Cake Dogs or Cup Pups.
Actually, no matter what you call them, they are easy to make and tasty to eat!  




I mixed up 1 box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix according to directions on the box, poured the mixture into muffin tins and then added sliced hotdogs in each one.  The first photo above just shows one slice of hotdog in each muffin but I used one hotdog cut in thirds in each muffin.  It takes 15-20 minutes to bake and voila!  You have dinner.  I topped mine with honey mustard but Tom ate his plain.

So what would you call them?

A Stylish Little Lady

11 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this before. Is this sweet or more bread like in texture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No they are not really sweet...cornbread is cake-like in texture but not dessert-like at all.

      Delete
  2. I don't care what they're called, I'd eat them up! What a great idea and the kids would love them too! I hope you'll share these little treats at Mix it up Monday:

    http://www.flourmewithlove.com/2012/03/mix-it-up-monday_18.html

    I hope to see you soon Alida :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

      Delete
  3. these would be fun to make to make for the kids at church! thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea! sometimes I do "Rollin doggies".....which is just a hot dog wrapped up in some Pillsbury crossaint dough and baked. definitely for slacker mom nights: but the kids love em!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alida, I don't dare make these for hubby -- they just might become a staple in our menu plans! He loves corn dogs but lately the commercial ones are . . . well, let's say sometimes less than desirable. We love Jiffy corn mix AND honey mustard, so I must try these at least once. Thanks for a very clever and fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CUTE!! Were they good..did they taste like a corndog?

    I will call them pupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! I kinda like the name "cup pups" hahah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would call them delicious! Thanks for sharing this recipe. Every year we always go to the state fair and I have to get a corn dog. And this is an easy fix for the next time I'm craving one.

    ReplyDelete