Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Thought for Today




I took this photo in Dangriga last week. This gentleman was diligently working to repair his net as his children played in the yard.  Fishing for him is not a hobby.  It is how he feeds his family.  Casting his net out into the sea is a daily activity for him.  

We have had times in the counseling office when we have an unexpected client stop in and we choose to put aside what we are doing to give our attention to the person in front of us.  We have to put down our 'nets', so to speak, and follow what He would have us do.  

I don't think that leaving your net has to always mean literally walking away from your livelihood.  To me it means being open to those divine appointments within our days which come in the form of interruptions.  These interruptions may simply be an opportunity from God to guide you deeper in your walk with Him. 

May we be open to leaving our nets when He calls.
And may we see the blessings in the divine appointments He brings our way.



linking up with:
and

14 comments:

  1. Nice word, and photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said that well, my friend. May God continue to bless you and your ministry here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alida, I have never looked at casting nets in that sense but I can see how it applies. Thanks for sharing fresh insight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen. A good verse and the picture is perfect for the verse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is great post! I hope I see and hear what He wants of me today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, love the image and the reminder to set down my net.. can make all the difference a day, can't it? Blessings to you from Iowa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Alida - excellent point and i love how you say "divine appointments". thanks for linking up sweet friend. Look forward to seeing you there next week :)
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I taught school, I loved it when God gave me "teachable moments" with the children; your post reminds me that He gives me divine appointments to put down my net and be open to serve Him in the moment. Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this photo ... wow! And your post was an inspiration. Have a wonderful day!

    http://theemptynestexpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This just powerfully put an image around such a verse...it IS what we are to do daily...just as the faithful disciples did! I LOVE this Alida! I'm sitting here waiting to pick up my son and this is exactly how God needed to speak to me tonight! Bless you lady! This is perfect in every way!
    peace!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good post.. This makes me think even deeper in His call for us to pick up our cross and simply follow Him (while laying down our own agendas, our net). Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great photo, great post! Alida, you've captured exactly what He wants us to do. :)

    ReplyDelete