Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tasty Tuesday...Spiced Chai Mix

A few weeks back my mother in law sent me this recipe along with a gift to help me out with the ingredients.  Last fall I was blessed with a care package from my friend Sharon that had cardamom in it.  I remember us joking about needing to find a recipe with cardamom in it so that I would be able to use it.  You can imagine what a pleasant surprise it was to see it listed among the spices needed in my mother in law's recipe!

After gathering up the rest of the ingredients I put this mix together on Sunday.  I love the taste of this tea.  It is so comforting to sit with a cup while I slowly wake up in the morning.  Or it is also great as a relaxing treat at the end of the day.

Spiced Chai Mix
3 cups non-fat dry milk powder
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup unsweetened instant tea
3/4 cup vanilla powdered dairy creamer
1 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cardamom
1/2 tsp. ground cloves

Directions:
Combine in a food processor and process until powdery.
Store mix in an airtight container.
Makes about 5 cups of mix.

To serve:
Stir 2 Tbsp of mixture into a mug of hot water.



Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. Chai, it talks to me, I love this tea so much! But now that I have an home-made recipe I will drink more and more. Thanks Alida, enjoy the cup and have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bet this tastes lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love some good chai tea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. blessings....
    look interest...

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is awesome! I love chai tea (which basically means tea-tea, doesn't it? LOL) and this will be so much better than the $7 plus I just paid at Starbucks today. God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I want to try this for sure. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can get cardamom pods, would that work? Am going to scour the county for instant tea because I so want to do this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if you grind it up it should work...hope you can find the instant tea!!

      Delete