Wednesday, March 14, 2012

thought for today



The clouds contrasting with the fiery shades of orange caused us to stop and take note of God's majesty as we drove home the other day.  This is March.  The rainy season ended weeks ago and yet we have had many rain-filled days this year.  Sometimes the downpours go on for hours.  The charm and beauty of the sun can sometimes get lost when days are hot and the earth is scorched by fires.  But, when it is overcast and dreary for days on end... the appearance of the sun calls us to rejoice.

And yet, I know that my praise should not be affected by my circumstances.
Why do I allow my mood to affect my worship?  

His glory doesn't change like our attitudes.  His majesty still exists when clouds are dark.


May we rejoice in the splendor of our Lord no matter what comes our way. 
 Rain or shine He is worthy.
Let us ascribe to Him the glory due His name!


linking up with:
and

15 comments:

  1. What a beautiful picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen and amen. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find that the weather...or gloomy days...really does affect my mood. However, it is in those times that I come to Him and purposely praise Him. Amazingly, my mood will change as I worship Him!

    Blessings, Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the picture and the verse you chose to pair with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. His Majesty does exist when the clouds hide it...like the pic too

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for this food for thought today!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful inspiring thought for today! Thanks Alida.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So true. "Rejoice and be glad in it" even if we aren't glad about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Refreshing rain comes and it does hide the sun, but not the son. I love your beautiful photos you have selected!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lady! This is balm for my soul tonight...I have to admit, I was a bit frustrated by the events of the day...and THIS reminded me right smack in my tracks...bless you for sharing this well timed Word!
    peace!!
    lori

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is beautiful, thank you. Blessings ~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Alida - lovely. Such a great way to show that rain or shine, we should praise the Lord
    God bless and thanks for linking up. Look forward to seeing you there next week :)
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Alida,

    What a beautiful picture displaying the glory and majesty of God in creation. If only I will look around and take the time to see the Lord everyday.

    Thank you for sharing! Susan

    ReplyDelete