We have been in this house for over a year.
Usually it takes me much longer than 12 months to make a 'nest'. Growing up in a military family I got used to moving around. And Tom and I have also made our share of moves over the 30 year life of our marriage.
This weekend we realized that we needed to get some personal items on the walls and truly make this house a home. We don't own much...the boxes we packed up in Russia and will never receive contained many of the gifts and treasures from our travels.
But, I still have a few crosses. Enough to call a collection.
And we have the gift of memories that no one can ever steal from us.
As I continue counting to One Thousand Gifts I choose to add these blessings to my list:
582. the gift of precious moments and the memories we share as a family.
583. a treasure from island of Cyprus made by the ladies of Lefkara
584. remembering time spent in Rome babysitting for a dear friend
585. collecting bamboo on the shore during our 30th Anniversary trip to Maya Beach
586. the incredible depth of His Amazing Grace
587. a precious treasure given to Tom by Alexei before we left Russia
588. Tom helping me with repairing the cross I made
and a few gifts from daily life:
589. Going out for ice cream with Gene and Liz after Bible study Wednesday evening.
590. Lunch with Patty and Max after church on Sunday.
591. Enjoying an episode of Amazing Race with Tom and Spencer that was filmed in Azerbaijan.
592. sunsets that take my breath away.
and gifts found in the Word:
593. He will strengthen us when needed Isaiah 41:10
594. His goodness 1 Chronicles 16:34
595. His righteousness Psalm 7:17
596. that He increases the power of those who are weak Isaiah 40:28-29
597. His perfect faithfulness Isaiah 25:1
598. that He watches over us Psalm 121
599. He knows us intimately Psalm 139:1-5, 13
600. that His promises never fail Joshua 23:14
joining in with the gratitude community: