Wednesday, March 28, 2012

thought for today...let's go to Mercy's place


This photo was taken last year in Orange Walk.  We went there for both of us to speak at a Youth Rally put on by CDF.  On our way home we stopped at this street side stand to pick up some tacos.

The name Mercy's Place struck a chord with me.  I want to be in that place.  The place of God's mercy.  His mercy is a precious gift which is not based on what we do or don't do.  It is completely up to His discretion whom He chooses to grace with His mercy.

We are seeing some clients in severely difficult situations right now...and we find ourselves calling out to God for mercy on their behalf.  Some are finding relief.  But, a few are feeling the heat turned up even higher as they are caught in the wake of someone's sinful choices.  And yet we know that God is faithful.  And in His time He will set them free.

Meanwhile...we keep praying...we keep crying out to Him.  And we keep trusting Him for mercy.


linking up with:
and


17 comments:

  1. Hi Alida - I am so grateful for and humbled by God's mercy. Great post sweet friend, great reminder to extend mercy as it has been extended to us. God bless and thank you for linking up. The link-up would be incomplete without you :)
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting this. I am convicted about the times I have taken God's mercy for granted or failed to extend mercy to someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, precious mercy, so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this - Mercy's Place - beautiful reminder of God's mercy in this fallen world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So thankful that His mercy is new each day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise God for His mercy, faithfulness and grace! Thanks so much for visiting and commenting on Saved by Grace! Your blog is a blessing and I am now following it, and I invite you to follow Saved by Grace also:
    http://savedbygracebiblestudy.blogspot.com/
    Love in Him,
    Laurie Collett

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't imagine my life without the Mercy of the Lord! I think I would be in a constant state of dispair. We a gift He has blessed us with. Have a wonderful day!

    http://theemptynestexpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank God he chose to give us Mercy - I need it. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Indeed, thank God for His mercy and his amazing grace!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm quick to receive but not so quick to give it sometimes. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful, where would we be without His mercy? What a powerful word.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so thankful for His mercy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Alida ~ Nice post. I don't know what I would do without His mercy and His grace! I think I need it more everyday. Thank you for stopping in at my blog today. Because you did I have now found your blog. I like what I have read here. I'm going to follow so I don't miss out. Feel free to stop back in at my place whenever you can.
    God bless you today...Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Blessings....
    there are many blessings in this world and so to there are many injustices. \Living in this world can be hard on the spirit, soul and pysche it is why we cannot take anything or anyone for granted and to sure to always be counting our blessings such as they are.

    ReplyDelete
  15. A great WFW ~ God bless you in your work. Blessings ~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, Mercy is amazing and so undeserved....Thank you for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  17. God's mercy is so precious. I love to be in his mercy's place. Great post. :)

    ReplyDelete