Thursday, April 12, 2012

30 Inspirational quotes from Dr. Suess...


Who doesn't love Dr Suess?!  

His books have been read by millions and his words can inspire us to try new things, or think in new ways, or even go new places.  Honestly, I don't think I really 'got' Dr. Suess when I was a kid.   But, I get him now.  One of my favorite quotes is #17 "a person's a person, no matter how small".  I'll be thinking about this today as we are in the counseling office working with those who have been mistreated and abused. 

 #14 was part of our homeschooling philosophy...we wholeheartedly believed in the importance of knowing how to learn.  And  hopefully we instilled that in our sons.  And I can remember quoting #18 to my kids a lot when they were small...actually I think my mother may have even said it long before I knew Dr. Suess did! 




So which one is your favorite?  


13 comments:

  1. This is such a cute, meaningful and fun post.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! 17 is my favorite "A person is a person no matter how small" :) We used it on Jonathan's birth announcement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #21 Be who you are... *love this!*

    ReplyDelete
  4. #24 - Teeth are always in style - because I have a thing for teeth and smiling and this sums it up perfectly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a meaningful and cute post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute post. I enjoyed the one about "teeth" tremendously!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite Dr. Seuss quote is not on your list. It's “I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”

    ReplyDelete
  8. The #21 is my favourite! These quotes are timeless treasures, we all can relate to them and they make us smile!
    Thanks Alida!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dr Suess packed a lot of wisdom in those books that I missed when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  10. #17-A person's a person no matter how small :)

    ReplyDelete