Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Are you getting tired of doing good?

 
Galatians 6:9 encourages us to keep on pressing on when we feel weary.  The harvest comes at the proper time.  Not in our time but in His.  This doesn't mean that I have to work myself ragged without any rest.  I am allowed to take much needed breaks.  Tom and I were grateful for the days off that we had over the Easter holiday.  But, taking those days off did not indicate that we were giving up.  It was simply a time to recharge and unwind a bit.  

Even when our hearts are in the right place and we are living out our purpose we can still grow weary at times.  Doing good can get tedious, feel overwhelming, and we may even think that we are not making any headway for all of our efforts...and yet...His word says we will reap a harvest "if" we do not give up. 

May you find the strength, encouragement and determination to hang in there.  The harvest is on the way!  



linking up with:
and

15 comments:

  1. Needed to hear this! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alida - great encouragement. I so needed to hear this today. Hanging in there!
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thank you for the encouragement. I have been tired and weary in many areas, I do need to remind myself that the harvest will come:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very encouraging, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen!
    "If its not all grace its not grace at all"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also needed to hear this today. Thank you for sharing encouragement from God's word.

    Blessings,
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for this reminder and encouragement. Doing the Lord's work is awesome-- but can definitely be tiring. Your words blessed me today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting post title! We need to remember to put our own oxygen mask on first. Then we won't get tired!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great encouragement, this is what I need to hear. Thanks for sharing.

    You have a beautiful graphic.

    Blessings!
    Jhunnelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. ...Yes, we will reap the harvest if we dont give up. Very encouraging

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amen! Doing good can become tedious especially when you don't see a harvest, but you are right if we wait it will come. In His time, not ours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lord, give me strength!

    http://theemptynestexpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful, Dear, thank you. Blessings ~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love when God gives me rest. Reminds me that the time to do His work is close.
    God always equips us to do the work He has for us. May you receive the strength you need to press on.
    Many Blessings,
    Felecia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Exactly the WORD I needed to hear as this day draws to an end! Pressing on and investing in IS exhausting work, but it is the work of Jesus!
    Thank you for sharing this anointed word!!
    peace!

    ReplyDelete