Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Thought for Today...Crucified with Christ

This photo features a 'found' cross... what I mean is that the photo is actually of the crossbars in a window and not a 'real' cross.  Have you ever seen a cross like that?  You know, one that is formed by the intersection of two objects or by looking at an item in a certain way.   Our lives are like that sometimes.  We mean for it to be one way but how it looks to someone else might be different.  This verse reminds me that my life as a believer is not my own.  I no longer live for my own purposes and goals but for His.  It is not about me but all about Him.

I wish I could do this perfectly.  

But, I can't.  I mean...I know I am capable of it...we all are through Him.  But on my own... self gets in the way.  There are still days when my desires conflict with His desires.  There are days when I would rather not hear about the heartache someone is facing.  Days when I want to bury my head in the pillow and pretend that bad things don't happen to children or to women.  Days when I don't want to be Christ with skin on for someone else.  But, the reality is that bad things happen.  There is darkness that needs to be overcome with light.  And people need the Lord.  So that means that people like me and you need to represent Him as best we can.

As a believer I need to allow His life, His light, and His love to flow through me.  We all do.  If all of us together made sure that Christ was living through us and in us, through our words, our actions and our desires...this world would be a better place for us all.

This week as we prepare for Good Friday and for Resurrection Day may we be aware of what it truly means to be crucified with Him.

Let us meditate together on these words:

I have been crucified with Christ
 and I no longer live, 
but Christ lives in me.  
The life I live in the body,
 I live by faith in the Son of God,
 who loved me and gave Himself for me.  
Galatians 2:20

and may we choose to live in such a way that when people look at us...they see Him.



linking up with:
and

10 comments:

  1. Excellent post! I totally get in the way, of Christ ling in me. I really needed this tonight, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that when we are truly committed to him, we do get crucified by others..BUT, we never suffer as he suffered for us. If we had to, many of us would likely give up. He is everything wonderful to us, our redemption. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I looked at the photo I was thinking it looked like a window. Alida, I understand all too well what you are expressing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find it so awesome, so amazing that my God, my Christ, loved me so much that He laid down His life for me. I pray people see Christ when they see me. I pray I become more like Him daily. Wonderful post :)

    http://theemptynestexpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alida ...
    To be truly crucified with Him. No easy feat. It is a constant goal that we will only complete when we are with Him in Heaven.
    May your Easter be filled with His blessings,
    Felecia

    ReplyDelete
  6. To be crucified as state in previous comments, it not an easy walk before us and I am thankful for the Holy Spirit that reveals to us the path ....too many times as Tesha stated, I get in the way of the Holy Spirit as he leads me to my cross daily....enjoyed your timely post Alida...thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a tough concept. Jesus said we have to lose our life to find it. In that sense, death becomes our friend, something to be welcomed in a way. I'm not being very articulate, but I hope you know what I mean. Have a lovely Easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Galatians 2:20 was the theme verse of the Bible college I attended, ...or maybe I should say of L.E.Maxwell, the president at that time. Crucifixion of self to me is a very ongoing process!

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Alida - those words in Galatians are very profound and I'd like to soak them up a whole lot more than I ever have. Blessed Easter to you friend
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete