Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies

Ten days of being gluten free.  What a milestone.  For the most part it is fairly easy.  I just eat real food.  Meat, veggies and fruit.  Every now and again I have to face up to thoughts of "oh I can't eat that" but, thankfully, it has not been a major ordeal.  Tom even checked labels when buying me a candy bar last night...he came home with a plain milk chocolate Hershey bar. And it was perfect!

It is amazing to have energy again.  It is so wonderful to feel less pain...I never would have imagined that wheat would be factor in my dealing with fibromyalgia.

I got an email last night with a recipe for gluten free chocolate chip cookies and I am looking forward to giving them a try.  I realized as I was reading over the recipe that I have actually had gluten free cookies before.  I made them for the first time back in 2005 when we were in Russia and wrote about giving the recipe away to our friend Alexei.


Super Easy Peanut Butter Cookies

1 egg
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of peanut butter

Mix all ingredients together.  Roll into balls and flatten with a fork in a criss cross pattern.
  Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.   

You could even put a square of chocolate or a Hershey Kiss on top if you like!

I found the same recipe on AllRecipes.com here.

Enjoy!

11 comments:

  1. Are they really equally delicious while being gluten-free? They sure do look pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great...you cannot tell any difference at all!

      Delete
  2. I have been making this recipe for years, the only difference is I put vanilla flavoring in. They are the best peanut butter cookies in the world!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may just add vanilla tonight when I make them...I think the ladies at the potluck will enjoy them!

      Delete
  3. Go glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe is delicious! I'm working on being gluten free myself. I want to share two websites with you. These are women I know. Going gluten free has changed their health and life.
    http://mamameglutenfree.blogspot.com/
    http://www.NaturallyFreeRD.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the websites...I appreciate it!!

      Delete
  5. Hello Alida, so very interesting. Just wondering if the photo above is from that exact recipe. Has me in awe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the photo from the website. The ones I made came out a bit darker because I added vanilla.

      Delete
  6. Alida, am so happy that you are feeling so much better! What a gift that must be..I have been wondering if I need to try gluten free for my nine year old, but honestly have felt too intimidated..reading thru your posts, I feel like I might be able to with your yummy recipes! :)
    Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my blog...means so much...I am finding little moments again to write and to read. :) darci

    ReplyDelete