Wednesday, April 25, 2012

thought for today...carry each other's burdens



At church on Sunday we were each given three sticky notes and a pen.  We were instructed to write down our burdens...the things we wanted to give over to God. The things we cannot carry alone.  

After writing them down we took turns placing them on a large heart at the front of the room.  Once we finished placing them on the heart then we went back up to get three prayer requests to take home with us.  To help share the load by supporting one another in prayer throughout the week.  

Each day I open my Bible and I have three anonymous burdens to pray over, to offer up to God, to help carry the load.  I also know that someone is praying for my requests...my burdens are being shared.  

 My load has felt lighter this week.  And I hope that those I am praying for feel the same way.  




linking up with:
and






12 comments:

  1. What a sweet picture of laying our burdens down and helping others to carry theirs. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this scripture and strive to keep it at the for front of my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is such a lovely thing to do but what I like the most out of this ideas is to do this through prayer. I tend to carry others's burdens but not so much to offer them into prayers. Surely this can change many things. I am off to do so.
    Thanks Alida!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I
    Love this idea...and so glad your burden feels
    Lighter Alida!! Thanks for the lovely well wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alida - such a great idea! God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely idea! Praying for you today, as well :) Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful idea! Love it! Yes, we need to be there for each other at all times. We are after all FAMILY :)

    http://theemptynestexpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a tangible example of doing just what the Bible says. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for that precious Word.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh what a great idea! sandie

    ReplyDelete