Monday, September 10, 2007

weekends...

Monday, September 10, 2007

After church yesterday Tom and I headed over to the mall to pick up a few things we needed for the apartment. We shopped for a bit and then decided to get something to eat while we were out. After spending a half an hour in line at McDonalds we had lunch. Currently there is only one McDonalds in Krasnodar. And it is always jam packed on the weekends!

Spencer was also in line with a few of his friends. He came by with Tobias and Seth. After getting money from me for food and for the taxi home, he tried to avoid running into us there in the mall. But somehow we kept turning up in the same places. By the time we got home however, Spencer was there with three of his friends playing video games.

Tom and I decided to watch a movie after the guys all left. First we watched Little Miss Sunshine. Then we watched Dejavue with Denzel Washington… what a breathtaking movie. I could not relax until it was over!

Today we will all be together in class. Not sure how that is going to go. We will have a full class of 6 people. Tom might need to do some reviewing with one of the teachers like I did at the beginning of the year. He will be skipping about 13 lessons and there is a lot of grammar to cover in those lessons. How well I remember!

Nathan, I hope that you are happy with this update... we are doing more than just eating sausage!

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad your beloved is with you now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. two great movies. nice that you took a break from sausage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This update didn't mention me nearly enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you find the McDonald's to be like the one in the states or does it have a bit of Russian flair added to it?

    The sausage recipe looks good - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nathan, Nathan Nathan, Nathan, ok I said your name four times so be happy!

    Karolee, The french fries taste the same... and the Big Mac. they serve drinks with ice which is not normal for Russia. I think most of the menu is the same. We don't have anything here that is specific to Russia. But we do have to pay for things like ketchup!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nathan is cracking me up! First with the sausage criticism and then with the trying to get more written about him in the blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete