Friday, May 06, 2011

free is good, right?!

Here lately I have been reading books from Kindle.  I don't own a Kindle... but I do have Kindle for PC downloaded on my laptop.  I love being able to read in bed without needing a light. And I truly love not needing to wait for a book to be delivered to me.  It just takes seconds for a book to appear and I am off in another world. 

The only downside is that you have to act on it right away because they are not offered for free for very long.  

One of the places that I hear about the free books is from friends on Facebook or from bloggers like Karla Meachem at Empowering Christian Women.  Last night I did a search on Amazon.com and found several  free books to add to my collection!






















No matter what genre of books you are looking for you will find something for free in that category and if you find anything that looks interesting let me know... because free is good, right?!

11 comments:

  1. thanks for the comment!! i've heard kindles are pretty awesome inventions. pride and prejudice is a pretty good read too! :-)
    have an awesome weekend!
    Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a book lover. I've tried to get into the Kindles, but there is just something about holding an actual book in my hand that makes me feel better, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea you could get Kindle for the PC, great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. free is always good..i want to get a kindle but then i probably need to read more regularly now...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had NO idea this was available either, now for some more free time to read, maybe in ten years!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy reading.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW great sharing! Thank you so much ... I will have to check it out ...Happy Mother's Day

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alida - I don't have the free hours to read - the "sleep thing" deprives me of a lot - then there's the blogging - so all of my reading is reading of blogs - and of course studying OUR Bible. But should there ever be a kindle only version of your blog - I'd have to buy myself a kindle. I always heart reading you Alida - always. God bless and keep you and all of yours this day – this Mama’s day!! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO glad to hear that you are enJOYing the Kindle freebies! Me too! I have quite the collection started; all for free!! (And I don't own a Kindle; love the free app for my laptop!)

    Special thanks for the mention on your site; appreciate your kind words.

    Glad you are finding the resources I share at EmpoweringChristian Women.com to be helpful!

    Would love it if your readers would stop by for a visit! Everyone welcome!!!

    MANY blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely! I am all about free! I do love all the free books for Kindle.

    ReplyDelete