Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Tasty Tuesday

There were lots of tasty treats to be had at the National Agricultural & Trade show this past weekend... and here are just a few of them:


freshly picked watermelons

makeshift cafes and bars were set up

We chose barbecue with rice and beans

we didn't try the Sexy Chicken... I would rather my chicken be tasty versus sexy.


we also enjoyed fresh ice cream from Western Dairy ...Tom had Kiwi and I had Oreo Cookie. 

and then we went home with mixed tropical fruit jam & lime squash from Marie Sharp's.  We passed up a lot of goodies like cotton candy and sausage on a stick....but, there is always next year!








11 comments:

  1. it looks like fun trying out food! yuummmy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so delicious. I'm kind of curious as to what a sexy chicken tastes like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really truly, I cannot say it enough... I love it when you show the 'real' Belize.

    Sexy or unsexy chickens notwithstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tasty Tuesday's are quickly becoming one of my favourite posts of the week!

    just gotta know -- what is sexy chicken? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) these photos make me smile from ear to ear. Looks like an awesome day. keri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun day.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Come on Alida! I wanted to know what was going on with that chicken to make it so sexy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are some nice melons! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It all looks wonderful Alida! Fedex me some? ;-)

    Have a Blessed Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy... we love stand food at fairs and festivals :) it's half the fun of going!

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol, "tasty rather than sexy", your funny! Love the watermelon stand, near us we have the weekly farmers markets which we adore.

    ReplyDelete