Wednesday, February 15, 2006

ещё снег!

More Snow! Our current temperature is -6 degrees Celsius = 21.2 degrees Fahrenheit. We had to walk to school as the snow was coming down. Tom fell getting off the bus and injured his back. He was a trooper and finished school... but now he is lying down on the couch resting. He had a tutoring session with Lena and was able to hang in there for about 40 minutes.

After the rest of us finished our session with Lena we watched the DVD of me performing. Lena wanted to watch it so we talked about how many different languages I had to sing in and about Erin still performing. She asked me if I dreamed of singing professionally. And as always the answer is still no. I know how hard it is to keep a voice in shape and I have fun when I sing now and then but I would not want it to be a job.

Tomorrow, Spencer and I have our assessments. We have to be at school at 9am. Last week I was feeling nervous about it. This week I am just ready to get it over with. I am not competing against anyone but myself. If I am still speaking at the same level next year then that would be a problem! Last year when we got here we could only say "may I" and point at what we wanted. Now we can ask for specific items by name when we shop. Now we can translate simple things for our friends. Now we can spend an entire evening with Lena and Alexei and not need the dictionary! No matter whether the assessment shows that I am a novice or intermediate... I am still able to communicate with friends and keep our family fed!

No comments:

Post a Comment