Thursday, February 02, 2006

Lunch with the Girls!


Today was Janet's birthday. The women from school all went out to lunch. We went to a fun place called Prima Vera. It is amazing that we have an Italian restaurant here in Russia. The food was really great. The only people that got a suprise when their food arrived were Mary and Michelle. They ordered a Marinara pizza. Should be something with a great sauce, right? It was Marinara as in marine! It came with shrimp, calamari, mussels, squid, and some other things we were not quite sure of.

Yesterday, Lena and I went to the hospital to visit Anya. She is Sasha's daughter from the Rehab center. Her baby was born 5 days ago and he has pneumonia. I didn't do much there. I just listened to her and let her know that Nathan had the same problem as a baby. She was relieved to hear that. We prayed with her before we left. We tried to go back and see her today. But, when we got there we found out that she was already at home. The baby is still in the hospital. Please pray for him. His name is Timothy.

I had a talk with Nellie about my social project. I am going to start a new job; working at the orphanage. Hopefully, that will be a better match. Tamara was a difficult person to work with. No matter what I had prepared she was not happy. The children were thrilled but she was not. I was trying to stick it out because I told Nathan we need to learn how to work with difficult people. I am grateful for the answer to prayer. Nathan will go with his Dad and I will go with Spencer... hopefully that will work out!

1 comment:

  1. bueno se leer ingles no escribirlo asique te hare un comentario en mi idioma ok.....
    me gusto mucho esta forma de escribir sobre diferentes personas que viven diversas situaciones......y creo que ellos lo agradecen ya que pides que recen y pidan por ellos, buno ese fue un caso......
    pero es super valido tu forma de escribir y contar historias de la vida cotidiana, las cuales exxten en todas partes del mundo......

    te felicito y sigue así......
    LORETO

    ReplyDelete