Sunday, May 01, 2005

Finally Here

We are celebrating Easter today with the Watsons. It is Orthodox Easter. We were in church for two and a half hours.

The traveling went well. We flew from LAX to Seattle.

At the airport in LA: Spencer and I took the dogs to potty before we put them in their kennels. Domo peed on the tree and everywhere he saw grass. He had lots of fun peeing. Then we walked back to the terminal and right as we got to the door of the Alaska terminal he pooped on the cement in front of the door. Just as a policeman was driving by. So I had to dig through the trash to find something to clean it up with! Gee thanks Domo...

At the airport in Seattle: Erin came to see us!!!! She brought Rhianna with her. It was such a blessing to get to see them one last time before we took off. We were there from 8:45 until 4:15! It was a long day.

The dogs kept barking at people walking by. We figured out later that Domo does not like it when people don't stay in line. That's a Border Collie for yah! He has to keep the herd together.

At the airport in Moscow: We missed our connecting flight to Krasnodar. We had to wait until 11:30 for the next flight. We were supposed to leave at 5:30. Nathan and I were dropped off and the driver went back to get Tom and Spencer. We had all the bags and the dogs with us and it started to rain we were in the middle of the median. Nathan moved everything all by himself! I stayed with the dogs while he moved the luggage. He was such a trooper. I was so proud of him.

I had to pay a bribe to get our things on the plane in Moscow. 7000 rubles. About 250 dollars. Tom wanted to argue with the guy but I just wanted to get on the plane we were all tired and I just took out the money. After that the guy would only talk to me. He ignored Tom!

Finally in Krasnodar: We were met by our friends and driven to our new home....

I will write more later I am being called to dinner!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you made it! How exciting. I have been following your blog almost daily and was afraid it'd be a while until you were all set up in Russia and blogging again... I'm glad I was wrong! I can't WAIT to hear about all that is to come for you and your fam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are finally there. We have been watching and waiting.
    Send info on how to contact you as soon as you can.
    Love You'al.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're finally there! It was great to see you at the airport. I'm so glad we could make it to wait with you. We love you and we're praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete