Sunday, July 08, 2007

30 Day challenge











Monday July 9, 2007



"And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ forgave you". Eph 4:32

As I have worked through this challenge I have learned how beneficial it is to my husband and our family for me to practice kindness, have a tender heart, display and grant forgiveness to others.

Reaching Day 22 of the 30 day challenge is a milestone for me... I have not even followed a diet as diligently as I have participated in the challenge!

My goals are being met each week and we are becoming a partner-focused couple instead of a child-focused one.

I found this quote as I was reading the Arp's book The Second Half of Marriage...

"The real mystery of marriage is not that husband and wife love each other so much that they can find God in each other's lives but that God loves them so much that they can discover each other more and more as living reminders of God's presence. They are brought together, indeed, as two prayerful hands extended toward God and forming in this way a home for God in this world" Henri Nouwen in Seeds of Hope

It is my prayer that our marriage will be like those two prayerful hands coming together!

This week's goals:

Help Tom get things ready for Spencer and I to leave for Russia on the 20th.

Continue to encourage and support Tom

Truly listen when he speaks and not assume I know what he is going to say.



***Be sure to check in with Christine over at Fruit in Season and let her know if you are participating in the challenge... you can also read through the blogs of other wives who are in the challenge as well.

16 comments:

  1. Forgiveness is critical to a wonderful marriage -- both to give and receive. A household filled with love, kindness, and forgiveness with God at the lead will be a wonderful home. May God bless you this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quote really is an important one. i can't think where I'd be today if I didn't have Christ in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the scripture you picked:

    "And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God in Christ forgave you". Eph 4:32

    Great post . May the Lord bless you this week and always.

    In his endless love,

    Angel ( Angel Mama ) ():)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so encouraging to me! May God bless your efforts and your marriage richly!
    Blessings,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I mentioned before - the book "The Second Half of Marriage" sounds really, really good.
    I am glad that you accomplish your set goals. Although I have been trying to be a blessing to my husband before the challenge, I have noticed areas that I can greatly improve in.

    Thank you so much for sharing.

    Be blessed today and always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful quote, thank you so much for sharing this. It is a wonderful illustration of a marriage and how we can grow together. Blessings to you this week as you continue your wonderful efforts to honor your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great quote and a perfect scripture. Excellent post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful Alida! I'm so glad you are seeing the fruits of a heart turned toward God and your husband. We really do have so much influence over the tone of our marriage and home. I love that quote- Henri Nouwen's writings are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an inspiring post!

    Praying that the Lord continues to bless your marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the quote and how it shifts from finding God in each other to looking at the creator for the discovery.

    Your goal of your marriage coming together as two prayerful hands is a word picture that brings Him glory!

    Heavenly Voice

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for welcoming me to the challenge... Congrats on the 25 years of marriage. I am sure you have lots of wisdom to share about marriage.

    To Know Him

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for your uplifting comment & thanks for that quote! What an encouragement to hear that your marriage & family are blessed by this challenge.
    Bless you in your marriage & your walk in Russia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Forgiveness is so essential. We have the perfect example provided for us and who are we not to grant it to the people in our life. Praise God that you are living and learning this truth! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This challenge has been so fulfilling...I am praying that it is the same for you and Tom.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, not assuming we know already is a big one for me. Even if I do, he has the right to finish his sentence and say what is on his mind. Thanks for saying those things and sharing the verses.

    ReplyDelete