Saturday, July 28, 2007

paying for the facilities

Saturday July 28, 2007















I took this photo in Moscow... but the same is true here. There are port-a-potties set up in public places and you pay to use them. The woman inside her "office" is handing the customer toilet paper!

The cost is 15 rubles and at today's exchange rate that equals 6 cents.

Correction: One of hazards of posting when tired is not reading correctly what I typed. Using the toilet did not cost 6 cents... it was 60 cents!!
15.00 RUB = 0.588321 USD (from XE.com)

5 comments:

  1. We Americans take so much for granted! My your rubals be ample and the toilet paper extend its usefulness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:33 AM

    Correction: 15 Rubles equals 60 cents with an exchange rate of 25 Rubles to the dollar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good reminder that life is not the same in all parts of the world. Hope you have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I wouldn't want to pay to use one of those things. YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember being in France and having to pay for a toilet. I thought, "hmmm...I could pee here in this fountain for FREE." I didn't, though, don't worry.

    ReplyDelete