Sunday, July 08, 2007

What I "dig" abut Jesus

Sunday July 8, 2007

I was tagged for this by TammieFay over at His Word is Life for Me

Here are the rules:

1. those tagged will share 5 things they dig about Jesus…
2. those tagged will tag 5 other bloggers…
3. those tagged will post a comment here with their name and a link to their “dig” Jesus list…


When I was a young teen my grandmother (everybody calls her Big Mama) told me that there would be times in my life when I "would have no other friend but God" and that I "better cling to Jesus as hard as possible". When I have had lonely days... especially over the past two years in Russia... I could hear her words so clearly. Jesus is truly the one and only friend who has been there since the day of my salvation when I was 10 years old.

Here is my list:

His Generosity...
His generosity provides food, shelter, and we see that evidenced in loving support from friends and family.

He is Just...
His being Just helps us to know that all the scales will be balanced one day... evil will not win.

He is the Saviour...
Because He offers salvation we know that we will spend eternity with Him and can share that incredible news with others.

He is Merciful...
His mercy models for us that we can also be merciful to others. The church I grew up in had a sign on the back wall that said "Let Your Heart Be Broken By The Things That Break The Heart of God". I can still see those words emblazoned in my mind.

He offers Comfort...
His Comfort is there for us when we suffer the hurts of life... be it the stillbirths of our first two children, the hardships of life abroad or the general aches and pains of family life, His Comfort is always available to His children.


Here are my 5 that I am tagging:

Joann at Joann's Blog Adventure
Allie at MomMusings
Julie at The Accidental Pastor's Wife
Michele at Laundromat
Jen at Daughter of Eve

5 comments:

  1. OK! Well, I will just need to think a bit... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your list! Especially His comfort....where would we be without it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'll be thinking, too! wow...i've just been catching up. you must have a lot on your plate if you are leaving on the 20th. hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for the delay in the link!

    Great list!
    http://accidentalpastorswife.blogspot.com/2007/07/5-things-i-dig-about-jesus.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got tagged for this meme too and really enjoyed doing it.
    Was like snuggling up to a warm blanket. Nice.

    ReplyDelete