Saturday, September 17, 2005

Don't know what to expect

Tomorrow morning at ten we leave for Odessa. We don't know if we will be able to call from there or not. We don't know if we will have internet access or not. We have never been there before. I remember that when I flew to Rome I had forgotten to turn off my cell phone and I got a text message from their satellite welcoming me. Possibly, I can use it to do text messaging or make phone calls. Ukraine is in my roaming area! But, then so was Italy and I could receive but not call or text back. Now, I have a larger amount of rubles on my phone so hopefully it will work!!!

We will have to exchange money in Ukraine they use another form of currency there.

We can only take one bag each and they need to be small. We will try not to look like tourists but, hey! I always stand out in a crowd! I usually dress like those around me so if I remember to speak Russian I should be okay. Most people only travel with a small "paquet" a small plastic shopping bag. If we use our school bags we will be okay.

Our friends Kurt & Rochelle have found a place for us to stay and we are going to try and connect with some friends of Lena and Alexei as well. It is going to be an interesting trip! I will have my camera and so will Spencer to document it all. This is such a new experience to us all.

We have never had to renew a visa outside of America before so we will be going to the Embassy to do it in person. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we continue our adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment