Friday, June 22, 2007

communing with nature

When we were in Oklahoma (on our infamous B&B trip) I was trying to get a photo of Tom as he attempted to connect with the long haired Scotch Highland Cattle...
















I heard a rustle and a clicking noise in the brush and greenery behind me. When I turned to see what it was... I saw this!
















While I am sure that he was more afraid of me than I was of him... I was shaking so much that I couldn't focus the camera! Have you ever seen a real live armadillo??

8 comments:

  1. I love armadillos! They are hysterical! Astro chased them at my in-laws house. They have such black beady little eyes, but I actually saw the whites of his eyes as he ran from Astro. Hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a Texan, so OF COURSE! You know, they're alive when the go into the road to become road kill:) lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend Sadie calls them Texas speed bumps!

    I wish I would have had a dog with me to keep the armadillo aaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW how exciting! here in England we only see hedgehogs and that to us is so amazing!

    Fancy seeing an armadillo!

    are they friendly? or didn't you hang around long enough to find out!!

    Have a good week!

    Helen x.

    (Simon now has a job, Praise God!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have seen a few hedgehogs in Russia! I don't commune well with nature so I don't get too close!


    Congrats to Simon on his new job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen a live one....only paws up on the side of the road!

    That is so funny that you were scared of him. Was he really scary?? lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep... in my mind he was huge and was going to take me down!

    I was so glad when he turned and went back into the bushes... I am such a wuss!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I lived in TX for 3 years, in the city, but I have seen this ugly critters...they crack me up!

    ReplyDelete