Tuesday, June 05, 2007

What would you pay for a good cry?












Monday was movie day. The guys went to see Shooter and the gals went to see Bridge to Terabithia.


Bridge to Terabithia was about the power of children's friendships and how they transform our lives... when you are going through your awkward phase alone it is much more difficult than if you have a friend to share that struggle with. Friends can make life bearable. Friends can make life fun. My childhood friend succumbed to breast cancer last year. Margaret was one of those friends who changes who you are and I am grateful for her influence in my life.


Sitting in a chilly movie theatre on a Monday afternoon with a wriggling mass of small children it was hard to tell if this was going to be an enjoyable experience whether the movie was any good or not. Mondays at the dollar theatre all you pay is 50 cents. No wonder the place was jumping with little ones. Fortunately, the movie was a good one and the children were well behaved.


By the end of the movie many of us were so touched by the action on the screen it lead to tears. So what was the price of a good cry? You already know... only 50 cents!

7 comments:

  1. Aren't dollar theaters great? Sounds like a good one. I've always wanted to read the book and haven't. Maybe I'll have to get it from the library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about reading the book as well. I have heard it is even better than the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love having a good cry over a movie, and it drives me crazy when my husband looks over and starts to tease me. It ruins the whole thing. lol

    We girls need our crying time every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't seen the movie, but my 4th-5th grade class read the book aloud. Awesome book. Have seen the Shooter, and it was really good too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "We girls need our crying time every now and then."


    so true!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed reading this entry...you have a way of capturing the feelings of a moment. It has been a long time since I've entered a movie theatre...however my husband and I have Friday movie nights when the kids go to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tiffany,
    thank you so much for your encouraging comments!

    When we are in Russia we love our movie time on the couch with a bowl of popcorn!

    ReplyDelete