Sunday, June 24, 2007

this week's goals











Over at Fruit in Season the focus this week is on supporting our husbands in their work.

"Your husband needs your support for his work. How you feel about his work is vitally important. Work is one way he has of defining himself. So how you feel about his work translates in his mind into how you feel about him. If you encourage and back him in his work, your support stabilizes and energizes him."



Since Tom entered ministry I have worked alongside him. I know that I can either help and support or I can criticise... helping and supporting works so much better for both of us. Whether I am researching a topic for him or reading the map while we barrel down the freeway, being cooperative bonds us together.

The other night I was studying this scripture:

Proverbs 31:11-12

11 The heart of her husband trusts in her confidently and relies on and believes in her securely, so that he has no lack of [honest] gain or need of [dishonest] spoil.

12 She comforts, encourages, and does him only good as long as there is life within her. AMP


My desire is that I will be a trustworthy wife, one that can be relied on, believed in, dedicated to comforting, encouraging and doing only what is good as long as I have breath left in me!

This week my goals are:

*To do the tasks he asks me to do without complaining or telling him he can do it himself!
*To pray for him daily (beyond "God bless Tom")


It is not to late to join in the challenge whether you have a blog or not.... simply leave a comment detailing your goals over at Fruit In Season!

17 comments:

  1. Great goals, may your marriage be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so hard to do some things w/o complaining and to have a servant heart. Good Goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked your post and scripture. Thanks for sharing and may the Lord bless you this week and always.

    In his endless love,

    Angel ():)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the scripture you shared with us. It is one of my favorites to reflect on and strive towards. Great job with last weeks goals and in the week to come. I know God will bless your marriage through your committment to this challenge. Blessings from Okinawa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HeartSong9:03 AM

    I'm sure Tom appreciates all the energy you're giving to honoring him. At least I hope he does...

    I haven't formally adopted the challenge, but I have been conscious of complimenting my dh a lot more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh, what good reminders of what God wants of me as a wife! Not always easy, but I appreciate the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh yes. Completing tasks without being asked, that's a good one. I may have to add that one to my list next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved this post - thanks for sharing.

    Great goals for the week... praying that your marriage continues to be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All good. One of the things my hubby and I discussed this very week was my supportive role in our marriage especially as he sprints toward getting ordained. We are currently fully immersed in ministry but not on staff or anything...but the reality of change was an eye opener for me to ask myself what it means to me and what I need to change now to be more supportive in pushing him towards this awesome goal and being his right hand in the future where he does not have to doubt or worry that I will not support him.

    Your goals are great and I pray that your support will be a natural outpouring from you heart to uplift your husband in prayer and in every day living!

    Many Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I truly appreciate all the comments of support!

    I am looking forward to hearing what blessings come about this week for all of the women involved in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved the scripture. It is fun looking at others goals because you can be reminded of, aahh yes, I should add that to my list.
    I liked the "besides, God bless Tom" You are right. we should take a little time out of our day and really lift our husbands up to the Lord. I am going to add this right now. I found it humerous the way you said it. I could picture myself mad at my husband and just saying, ...well bless him too. ha ha...good post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really enjoyed the scripture. Thank you for sharing. I know your marriage will be blessed. Have a wonderful week!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some great goals! It sure is hard to do what we are asked to do without complaining. I need to add that to my list of goals!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great goals! I'm always in awe of what pastors and pastors wives do. I have a lot at church, but nothing like the pressure you are under! Blessings as you work toward your goals this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the scripure you shared! Thank you.

    May the Lord bless you as you seek to please Him.

    ReplyDelete
  16. *To pray for him daily (beyond "God bless Tom")

    Thank you for reminding me how important it is to speak into my husband's life during conversation...and through prayer.

    Heavenly Voice

    ReplyDelete
  17. You know, I used to pray "God bless...", but the prayer cards I got several years ago really have helped me to be more precise on the prayers for my beloved :).
    I think it is so neat that you are working alongside each other. I am sure it has its challenges, but you can spend more time together. At this point in my life I wish I could work alongside my Sweetheart.

    Thank you so much for sharing.

    Blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete