Saturday, December 17, 2005

Choosing a Seat on the Bus

The other day Tom and I were coming home on the bus. We got separated because the bus was very crowded. I found a seat right near the door. There was a woman sitting in the seat alone. But, there was a man standing in front of her and a woman standing near the door but close enough that she could have sat down but didn't. I thought "how lucky" and then I thought "wait a minute... what is wrong with this seat?". My thoughts were:

1) Is the seat wet?

I checked and it was dry. I sat down.

2) Is she alive?

I watched her chest to see if she was breathing. She was. That helped me to relax a bit.

3) Does she smell?

I leaned in closer to her and took a whiff. She didn't smell any different from anyone else. I kept the seat and she slept on for about 20 minutes.

When she woke up she finished peeling the tangerine that was in her hands and took a bite of a section. And then closed her eyes again!

There is never a dull moment in Krasnodar. I'm sure your life is an adventure too if public transportation is included!

No comments:

Post a Comment