Thursday, November 24, 2005

American Traditions in Russia

Many of the students at school are having dinner at each others houses today. We were also invited over to someone's home. We really like them and it would be fun but spending Thanksgiving with a big group is not our tradition.

We normally go to the movies. I think it started years ago after having to go several different houses in one day back in Wichita. We finally just went to the movies. I think we saw an Indiana Jones movie with Tom's brother Dan. Since then we have gone to the movies on Thanksgiving. I don't have to make a big dinner (the guys really just want the deserts anyway) and we all can relax.

Everyone has their own idea of what makes a holiday special and for the Russia Sharps (formerly the California Sharps) it is pizza and a movie!

I got this acrostic poem last week from an old highschool friend. Thanks Darla!

Thanksgiving is a time to reflect
Hold onto God’s love and grace
Accept that he is Lord
Never forsake his unconditional love
Know that he is always there
Sending spiritual guidance our way
Great is his mercy at all times
In his hands he holds our future
Victory is ours through his power
I will trust in him in everything I do
Now is the time to count our blessings
God has been so good and we should thank him!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:54 AM

    Thank you for all the info you share with all of us. We can explore and sightsee vicariously through you.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you all.
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving too Terri! I enjoy writing and keeping everyone up to date. My goal is not to bore anyone!

    Hey, we watched Napoleon Dynamite again and thought of you all!

    ReplyDelete