Sunday, November 13, 2005

Carl's Dinner

We had Carl over tonight for dinner. He is with the BLTC. His family is back in the States and tonight was his last night here. He is headed for home via Vienna.

Spencer and I went over to the mall at City Center to purchase meat at the grocery store. We picked up farsh(hamburger) and all the fixin's for spaghetti & meatballs. Carl wanted a simple dinner. And that was as simple as I could get. It was a fast meal to cook by Russian standards. For some reason the water for the spaghetti took about 25 minutes to boil tonight. I did the meatballs in the oven and they were very juicy!

Carl is 6 foot 6 inches tall. He had to bend down to come through the front door. He just clears the light fixture on the livingroom ceiling!

Tomorrow:
Tom and I will pick up some perspective students on our way to school. They will visit my class and then Tom's. After the break they will meet with the director Tania who will answer any of their questions. Then Tom and I will take them to lunch. I found a great little place down on Krasnaya that is within our budget. Last time I ate there they had real lettuce for the salad. That is something rare for us here so it will be a treat for us and for them. We don't eat out much!

*********************************
We got a call from Tom's folks tonight. Dad claims he saw my picture in the post office. Evidently, I am now "Internationally Known" for harassing postal workers!

2 comments:

  1. Ouch! That post office part certainly didn't sound fun! Still, if there's one way to get people to know your face, I suppose that would be one of the...less desired but more effective ways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have broken into a song and been remembered....

    Next time I will pretend I am in a musical and see what happens!

    ReplyDelete