Monday, November 21, 2005

Rain, Rain Go Away

It snowed in Moscow. So it rained in Krasnodar. Just like in California we got rain when it snowed in the mountains. Oy, we all leave the house wet, go to school wet and return to our apartment wet! Yes, we each have an umbrella. But you cannot leave it open and get on the bus at the same time. You have to coordinate your actions. And if you are walking past someone you have to tilt the umbrella so you don't whack the other person in the face. Or so I'm told. I guess I must be one of those people who is doing the whacking.

Michelle says she is praying for snow. I don't want snow this soon. She said they have snow in Canada where she is from already and it will stay until May!

I have not lived in a snowy climate for over 18 years. I don't know if our family is ready for it or not. The guys had a taste when we were in New Mexico last year with their grandparents for Thanksgiving. Everyone has hats and gloves and good shoes. We think we are ready...

Tom came straight home from school and got the leftover soup out of the fridge. He sliced potatoes and turkey to use up more of the leftovers in the fridge. It was nice to have lunch waiting when I got home from the market. Since the fridge is small and the food has no preservatives I have to shop about every other day.

Be sure to check out the pictures I posted from the walk Spencer and I took last night.

www.sharpmomphotos.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment