Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Lesson 11

Do Quail come in flocks? As I rode home on the bus today I saw a flock of quail and a chicken out on the side of the road. Do you think the chicken felt like an oddball?


Nathan & I are on lesson 11 of 150. We can now invite someone out to eat. We got divided into pairs to role play. Nathan was paired with our teacher Madena. Nathan then asked Madena if he could practice with Michelle (the only single girl in class). When Michelle agreed to go to dinner with him Nathan did a classic Napolean Dynamite hand gesture; you know the one where if you score a goal you put your hand in the air as if you have grabbed something and then close your hand into a fist and then excitedly whisper "Yes!" He apologized to her later in case he embarrassed her. It was a great stress reliever for all of us to laugh so hard.

Janet was shocked that:

1) Nathan would ask someone older than him

and

2) that he would do it in front of his mom!

He said it wasn't 'for reals' so it didn't count! Jody asked Nathan if it was an excuse to get his "mack on" Nathan denies having "mack" but Janet's husband Patrick was quick to quip "I have a Mac!"

(as in MacIntosh computer) and together we can all groan.....

4 comments:

  1. Haha, good for Nathan! I'm glad your family is settling in alright. I can definitely see him doing the Napoleon Dynamite thing...

    (And in case you were wondering, I'm Hannah, Nathan's online friend from Texas. He gave me a link to your blog. *smile*)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A group of quails is called a covey. We have California quails where I live, and they're in the yard almost every day now.

    (And this is Becky. Nathan's internet friend from San Diego.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Becky and Hannah,
    Thank you so much for stopping by!

    Becky- I never saw quail in CA I had no idea they were there! No one hunts them do they?

    Hannah- I'm glad you got the visual of what Nathan did it was funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sayna/Becky8:56 PM

    I don't think so. They're very small, and they seem sort of rare. They're shy, at least.

    I don't even understand how anyone could kill something that pretty!

    ReplyDelete