Friday, August 17, 2007

hurray for the weekend!

Friday, August 17, 2007

what a day!

I got a phone call from Tom last night. He is doing ok. He is getting up to walk, still taking pain medication when needed and getting rest. We were able to talk last night for quite a while... which is a wonderful thing! Until I woke up this morning and I felt the aches and pain of not getting enough sleep.

I contemplated not going in to school this morning. After all it wasn't required. But, I knew that Arina had prepared lessons for me and I didn't want to just blow her off. So I got up, dressed and headed out the door for school. Arina has a personality like Nathan. She does everything in two speeds fast and faster!

We covered three lessons in two hours! She would say "do you understand?, great, moving on!"

I came home to Spencer who had done three loads of laundry! He said he wanted to see if the washing machine is working or not. It did fine for the first two loads and on the last one it started to leak. He tried calling Slavik and could not get a hold of him. So far the toilet still works.

Tomorrow we will go out and look for a dresser for Spencer. We were given a gift from friends who decided that it was time for Spencer to stop living out of his suitcase!

I am enjoying a quiet evening while Spencer is out at a birthday party. I feel very tired physically and didn't want to be a party pooper so I stayed home.

I had a language helper session this afternoon. We worked through the lessons that I had covered with Arina. Then we did the culture questions for the lesson on friendship.

From the perspective of my language helper Oksana, who is filling in for Sasha, she talked about the difference between an acquaintance, a friend, a good friend, and a close friend. She is only 24 and I am 44... she knows at age 24 what it took me until age 40 to learn!!!

4 comments:

  1. I really admire you. I'm not sure I would survive language and culture lessons. I barely survived American History this morning with the kids!

    Glad Tom is feeling better. I'm still praying for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a day! Have a nice rest. Still praying for Tom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't checked your site for a few days, so I had some catching up to do. I am glad Tom is through surgery and doing all right!
    Miriam (Josh's Grandma)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad Tom is doing well!

    ReplyDelete